Me: What was your most awkward experience?
Tree: Being a tree makes you a bit…immobile. It takes several years to move a limb. This has caused some awkward moments. A rather tall fellow was coming up the trail with a young lady. When I noticed he wasn’t paying too much attention to anything but his companion, it was about 3 years too late. He walked right into my lowest branch. I never know what to say after something like that.
Me: Do you ever tire of being green?
Frog: I hope you know, it's not easy being green. Sometimes I wonder why I am the same color as many types of manure, but you gotta realize--it's what I want to be.
Me: How do you persevere with uncommon valor in the face of incessant misconceptions?
Whistle Pig: It's really not as hard as you might think. We don't live all that long and we spend a lot of time in hibernation. It's also nice to be noticed when you wake up. Not many animals get the recognition we do. We have our own holiday, you know.
Me: In some countries, people call you a tree. In others, they call you a banana plant. Do you consider yourself a tree?
Banana Tree: I have spent many generations thinking about this, but every time I remember, I just call myself me.
Me: So how much wood can a woodchuck really chuck?
Whistle Pig: We don't chuck wood. I have never known any woodchuck who eats wood. You can't chuck it up if you never chucked it down.
Me: What do you think when you see a butterfly?
Moth: It's rough when you're cousin grows a nice set of flappers and forgets you ever existed. You've never heard anyone scream because a butterfly came close. Am I bitter? YES. Anyway, when I see a butterfly I wonder at how humans could confuse them with fire. They just stick their finger out to see what happens.
Me: Does photosynthesis tickle?
Flower: It actually is kind of like working out. I don't know what they've told you about photosynthesis, but combining chemicals to make little photos is tough work. Most flowers I know make photos of plants stepping on people to motivate themselves more.
Me: What is the best part about being you?
Sheep: Free nightly censuses.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Joe your blog is funny!!
ReplyDelete