Due to much demand from certain people...mainly me, I will divulge one of my dearest Easter memories--brought back to me by the scent of marshmallow peeps.
I must have been about four years old when I had my first Easter egg hunt experience. With six kids running around like hotdogs without buns, I suppose it was only a matter of time before my dad decided that we needed a structured activity. He told us that we would have an Easter egg hunt and that he had hidden exactly six jellybeans for us. That's right, one for each of us. Since I am the youngest and quite possilbly the most lethargic--I couldn't find my jellybean. My older siblings had found the easiest ones so the most difficult one to find was mine. After much tedious searching and a little help from one of my brothers, I finally encountered what I had been searching for--the most delicious Easter jellybean to ever be confectioned. It was a triumph--however it was not my first, for I had already mastered the loo.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Joe. I loved your Easter Stories. I laughed really hard when I read the one about the peeps because that was the day my crazy watercolor teacher, Joe Ostraff, told us we were going to have a "Peeps" Show, where we would paint little baby chicks, display them, and sell them for $1 each. I put up a few pics of the ones that I did on my blog. I thought you would like them. Also, when does Edison come back to the US?
ReplyDelete