Thursday, August 21, 2008
Unexpectedness
One afternoon after spending time with a 5 five year old, I grabbed the bike and was about to leave. Little did I know—it wasn’t going to be that easy. A middle/upper aged woman asked me a question. I was in a hurry and was caught unawares so immediately I said that I don’t speak Chinese. That didn’t stop her. She said that I was very handsome and asked if I was twenty. I said that I was 22. She asked if I was American or Canadian. I responded that I was an American. She asked what I was doing in Taiwan. I said that I was here to have fun. She found out that I had only been here for less than two months and couldn’t believe it. She said my Chinese was very good. She asked me if I had a girlfriend. This question brought back memories from my mission. So many snakes would ask this same type of question. I shrugged it off because I didn’t think an old lady would hit on me. I told her I do have a girlfriend. She told me that her daughter married an American from Tennessee. Then the whopper came—she asked me out to dinner. A woman old enough to be my mother was hitting on me!!! I told her that I couldn’t. Finally, she said goodbye and cackled as she rode away on her bicycle. It was the most unexpected experience I could have had that day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment